QUIZ - Chapter 5 (Tissues)
2. Which type of tissue is designed to stretch?
3. Tissues are groups of similar cells working together to:
increase the size and mass of structures in the body
perform common functions
fight against diseases
4. This type of tissue is composed of scattered cells that form a matrix:
5. Adipose tissue is also known as:
6. Smooth muscle is found mainly in:
the skeletal system
7. Chondrocytes are cells found in:
the small intestine
8. What structure connects bones to other bones?
9. Psuedostratified tissue has a distinctive appearance because:
the nuclei of individual cells do not line up perfectly
cilia is attached to the surface of the cells
cells are square and formed in perfect blocks
cells are square in the bottom layer and flat at the top
10. Elastic fibers are found where in the body?
ear and nose